Bacon and Pepper Breakfast Quesadillas for Camping
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclaimer here.
These breakfast quesadillas are so simple to make while camping, and they taste amazing. I’m sure they’ll become one of your go-to car camping meals.
Picture this: You’re comfy and cozy wrapped up in your sleeping bag and you wake up to sunshine streaming through your tent. You get up and make yourself a hot cup of coffee. You enjoy the sounds of nature and the sun on your face as you sip your coffee and wake up.
Then you make yourself the most delicious camping breakfast: Bacon and Pepper Breakfast Quesadillas. This is pretty much my perfect morning!
Easy Camping Meal Ideas Video:
To see exactly how I made these breakfast quesadillas while camping (plus other camping meal ideas), check out this video:
Ingredients for Breakfast Quesadillas:
These breakfast quesadillas are loaded with:
- crispy bacon (yes please!)
- green bell peppers
- cheddar cheese
Make Ahead Options
In the video above, I cooked the bacon at camp, but the bacon can easily be pre-cooked at home too. Just store it in a Stasher bag in the cooler.
You can also chop the pepper and shallots at home instead of at camp. They should stay fresh in the cooler for about 2 days once they’ve been chopped.
The Camp Kitchen Essentials You’ll Need:
These quesadillas don’t require much equipment. Here’s what you’ll need:
- cast iron pan
- camping stove
- propane (or appropriate fuel for your stove)
- knife and cutting board
- paper towel
RELATED >> My Car Camping Kitchen Essentials
How to Make Breakfast Quesadillas at Camp
(See below for the printable recipe!)
1) Cook the Bacon
The first thing that you want to do is cook the bacon. Once the bacon is cooked, remove it from the cast iron pan and set it aside on a plate lined with paper towels.
2) Cook the Peppers and Shallots
Add the diced peppers and shallots right into the hot cast iron pan with the bacon grease. Hey, I never said that these were low-fat quesadillas!
Cook the peppers and shallots for about 2-3 minutes, and then crack the eggs directly into the pan. No need to scramble them in a bowl first. Why create more dishes for yourself?
3) Scramble the Eggs
Use a fork or spatula to scramble the eggs in the pan and mix until they’re fully cooked. Chop the cooked bacon and mix it into the eggs. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Lastly, add a flour tortilla to your pan, and cover half of the tortilla with sliced cheese. Add a layer of the scrambled eggs and bacon, top with a few more pieces of cheese, and then fold the tortilla in half.
Cook on each side for a few minutes until the cheese melts. Slice and serve immediately!
Bacon and Pepper Breakfast Quesadillas
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1 shallot
- 4 eggs
- cheddar cheese
- 2 flour tortillas
- butter or cooking oil*
- Cook the bacon in a cast iron pan over medium heat. Once the bacon is cooked, remove it from the pan and set it aside on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Dice the pepper and shallots and add them to the pan with the bacon grease. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Crack the eggs directly into the pan with the peppers and shallots. Use a fork or spatula to scramble them in the pan as they cook. Remove from the heat and set aside when the eggs are fully cooked.
- Chop the bacon into bite-sized pieces and mix it into the eggs.
- Assemble the quesadillas: In the cast iron pan over low heat, add a tortilla, and cover half the tortilla with sliced cheese. Layer on half of the eggs and bacon mixture. Top with a little more cheese.
- Fold the tortilla in half and cook for about 2 minutes on each side until the cheese melts. Slice the quesadilla and serve immediately. Repeat with the second tortilla and the remaining egg mixture.
More Meal Ideas for Camping
If you want even more camping food ideas and recipes, you’re in the right place!
Check out some of my other popular camping recipes below: