As you probably know by now, I do a lot of car camping. In fact, I actually lived out of my car for a while.
It's easy to just eat crappy camp food or protein bars all day, but lately, I'm determined to eat healthier while camping. That's why I wanted to share this healthy car camping breakfast burrito with you!
Breakfast burritos are my go-to car camping meal. This is an easy recipe you can make in a cast iron skillet in whatever beautiful places you find yourself camping. This burrito is full of healthy fats and protein to fuel your adventures all day long.
I love this burrito recipe so much that I even made it into a video for you! Please excuse the messy morning hair, sweatpants and oversized jacket vibe I had going on... ;)
The following burrito recipe is enough for 2 burritos.
Ultimate Car Camping Breakfast Burritos
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 shallot, diced
1/2 TBS ghee (butter or coconut oil work too)
1-2 stalks of kale, chopped
1 green onion, chopped
1 ripe avocado
1. Saute garlic and shallots in a heated cast iron with ghee.
2. Add kale, green onions and eggs in a bowl and scramble.
3. Add egg mixture to the cast iron skillet. Mix frequently and cook until eggs are done.
4. Layer the desired amount of cheese onto 2 tortillas. Divide the scrambled egg mixture in half and layer onto the cheese.
5. Add half an avocado per burrito and hot sauce, if desired.
6. Roll the burrito and place it back on the cast iron skillet to melt the cheese. Serve!
I hope you enjoy this breakfast on your next car-camping adventure!
P.S. In case you were wondering, that guy in the video is my boyfriend Nick. If we're being honest, he's the one who actually does the burrito making most of the time.