The Best Car Camping Breakfast Burrito Recipe
When you’re car camping, you want quick easy meals that taste delicious and have minimal cleanup, right?
This car camping breakfast burrito is one of those meals!
Breakfast burritos are my go-to car camping breakfast.
This is an easy recipe that you can make in a cast iron skillet in whatever beautiful places you find yourself camping.
This burrito is full of healthy fats and protein to fuel your adventures all day long.
Since this burrito recipe is part of my regular car camping breakfast rotation, I even made a video to show you exactly how I do it!.
Please excuse the messy morning hair, sweatpants, and oversized jacket vibe I had going on... ;)
The Ultimate Car Camping Breakfast Burritos
Makes: 2 burritos
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 shallot, diced
1/2 TBS ghee (butter or any cooking oil work too)
1-2 stalks of kale, chopped
1 green onion, chopped
3/4 cup shredded cheese
1 ripe avocado
1. Saute garlic and shallots in a heated cast iron pan with ghee.
2. Add kale, green onions and eggs in a bowl and scramble.
3. Add egg mixture to the cast iron skillet. Mix frequently and cook until eggs are done.
4. Layer the shredded cheese onto 2 tortillas.
5. Divide the scrambled egg mixture in half and layer onto the cheese.
6. Add half an avocado per burrito and hot sauce, if desired.
7. Roll the burrito and place it back on the cast iron skillet to melt the cheese. Serve!
That’s it for this super simple car camping breakfast!
I hope you enjoy this camp breakfast on your next adventure!
Feel free to customize this burrito with salsa, sour cream, black beans, cilantro, and green onions. The possibilities are endless!
See you out there ✌️