This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclaimer here.
Trail mix is a classic hiking snack, right? Well, this trail mix recipe gives our good old friend a tropical twist, and it is absolutely delicious!
This trail mix is:
- full of healthy fats to keep you full
- ready in less than 5 minutes
Trail Mix Ingredients
All of the ingredients for this trail mix can usually be found in the grocery store bulk section, making this hiking snack really quick and easy to put together.
I love buying trail mix ingredients in bulk because it’s usually cheaper and you can buy exactly how much you need.
- Dried mango – One of my favorite snacks ever! Dried mango is so chewy and sweet making it the perfect addition to this tropical trail mix.
- Dried pineapple – Another wonderful chewy and sweet part of this trail mix.
- Coconut flakes – Make sure you get coconut flakes, not shredded coconut. The flakes are much bigger and easier to eat on the go. You can use toasted or un-toasted flakes. I prefer unsweetened, but sweetened is fine if that’s what you like.
- Macadamia nuts – These are by far the most expensive item on this list, but they are absolutely delicious. Macadamia nuts are full of healthy fats to keep you satisfied and they add a nice salty crunch to the trail mix. If you don’t want to splurge on the macadamia nuts, you can easily substitute almonds instead!
- Cashews – These add some crunch and fat to the trail mix to balance out the sweetness.
- Yogurt-covered raisins – Yogurt-covered raisins will likely melt on really hot hikes, but I don’t mind! Substitute regular raisins if you don’t want to deal with it.
- Dried papaya cubes – My local grocery store has dried papaya next to the dried candied ginger. If you have trouble finding this ingredient, you can either leave it out or substitute in banana chips instead.
Tropical Trail Mix
- 1/3 cup dried mango chopped
- 1/4 cup dried pineapple chopped
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes not shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup yogurt covered raisins
- 1/4 cup dried papaya cubes*
- Add all of the ingredients to a bag or bowl and mix.
- Pack into individual servings and take on your hike!
I hope you enjoy this trail mix on your next outdoor adventure. Trail mix is not only a great snack to take on the trail, but it’s perfect for camping trips and road trips too.
If you like this recipe, give it a review in the comments below. I’d really appreciate that.