This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclaimer here.
No camping trip is complete without S’mores, right? The classic S’mores that you probably had as a kid are in need of a makeover. Today, we’re going to elevate the classic s’mores recipe in delicious ways!
Behold these milk chocolate peanut butter s’mores that are just as easy as the original, but even more delicious.
This s’mores recipe is:
- SO easy to make
- requires almost no cleanup at camp
- sweet, crunchy, and salty all at the same time
- full of creamy milk chocolate and peanut butter (aka the perfect combo)
Traditional s’mores are made with graham crackers, marshmallows, and milk chocolate. We’ll use all three of these in this s’mores dessert recipe.
We start with the classic ingredients, and then add in some salted pretzels and creamy peanut butter to really take things up a notch.
Any peanut butter will work in this recipe, however, I think it’s best with natural unsweetened peanut butter. There’s enough sugar from the chocolate and marshmallow, that you don’t really need any more from the peanut butter.
Lastly, for the salty crunchy element in these campfire s’mores, we need some mini salted pretzels. They get broken up into little pieces and stuck to the peanut butter layer.
S’mores Dessert Recipe for Camping
Step 1: Start the fire. In order to toast the marshmallow for these s’mores, you’re going to need a campfire or some heated briquettes to get that golden marshmallow.
Once you have a campfire going, you can easily make these s’mores in just a few minutes!
Step 2: Assemble the s’mores. Spread each half of the graham cracker with a thin layer of peanut butter.
Then, break apart the pretzels and stick the pieces to the peanut butter on one of the graham crackers halves. Add the milk chocolate on-top of the peanut butter.
Step 3: Toast the marshmallow.
I recommend going for the slow roast to create a hot puffy marshmallow with a golden color to give these s’more a toasted flavor.
Step 4: Finish assembly and eat.
Add the toasted marshmallow to the chocolate and use the other half of the peanut butter graham cracker to slide the marshmallow off the stick. Enjoy!
Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel S’mores
- 1 package of graham crackers
- 1 bar of milk chocolate
- 4 Tbsp natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup salted mini pretzels
- 4 marshmallows
- Spread each half of the graham crackers with a thin layer of peanut butter.
- Break the salted pretzels into smaller pieces. Stick the pretzels onto half of the peanut butter covered graham crackers.
- Place a square of milk chocolate on top of the pretzel pieces.
- Toast a marshmallow slowly over a fire until it becomes puffy and golden brown.
- Layer the toasted marshmallow on top of the milk chocolate and use the top half of the graham cracker to slide the marshmallow off the stick. Enjoy!
More Camping Dessert Recipes
I hope you LOVE these s’mores!
If you’re a dessert person like me, I have even more easy camp dessert recipes on the blog for you to try:
If you enjoyed this recipe, make sure to let me know in the comments, or find me on Instagram @amandaoutside.