This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclaimer here.
This is an easy and incredibly delicious s’more recipe for camping! S’mores are such a classic camping dessert, but I wanted to change them up a bit because… why not? In addition to the usual graham cracker and marshmallow, these s’mores also contain milk chocolate with almonds and a mound of real toasted coconut – SUCH a good combo!
These s’mores are:
- perfect for all my coconut lovers out there
Let’s dive into the recipe!
S’mores Ingredients and Tips
These s’mores for camping use classic s’mores ingredients like graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate.
But instead of plain milk chocolate, these s’mores use Hershey’s Milk Chocolate with almonds. The almond chocolate bar goes perfectly with a mound of toasted coconut.
If you like Almond Joy candy bars, you’ll love these s’mores!
get my free
Camp Cooking Starter Kit
Printable camping recipes, a gear checklist, and a camping meal planner so you can go camping with confidence and good food!
Toasting the Coconut
This recipe does require one quick at-home component that you’ll need to do before your trip.
Toasting coconut is very simple and will only take a few minutes in a pan over medium heat with frequent stirring.
Once toasted, it will be a beautiful golden brown color. Let it cool and store it in an airtight container with the rest of your food for camping.
I love using these small reusable bags for storing the coconut!
The order that you build these s’mores is important so everything sticks together well!
You want to do: graham cracker, chocolate, toasted coconut, THEN the toasted marshmallow and top graham cracker.
With this order, the sticky marshmallow will hold all the toasted coconut in place!
Toasted Coconut S’mores
- 1 pack of graham crackers
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut about 1 Tbsp per S’more
- 4 marshmallows
- 1 milk chocolate & almonds chocolate bar
At Home Prep:
- Toast the coconut: Heat a pan over medium heat. Add in the shredded coconut.
- Mix frequently until the coconut starts to turn golden. It will burn very quickly so make sure you’re mixing frequently and remove it from the heat as soon as it turns a slight golden color.
- Transfer it to a bowl and let it cool completely. Store in an air-tight container and pack it with the rest of the ingredients.
At Camp Directions:
- The layering order is important for this s’mores recipe: start with a graham cracker, then layer a piece of the almond chocolate, and lastly stack about 1 Tbsp of the toasted coconut on top of the chocolate.
- Use a stick or marshmallow skewer to toast a marshmallow over the fire until it’s golden brown.
- Layer the marshmallow over the coconut stack and use the top graham cracker to smoosh the marshmallow down and remove it from the stick. Enjoy immediately!
I hope you love this S’mores recipe. This is one of my all-time favorites!
The addition of the toasted coconut and almond chocolate really make these s’mores taste like some sort of fancy camp dessert.
For even more s’mores and camping meals, make sure to check out the other recipes below.