This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclaimer here.
This Strawberry Banana Coconut trail mix recipe is the perfect no-cook snack to take on your next hike. It’s ready in seconds and loaded with crunchy, salty, and sweet ingredients for the perfect balance.
Homemade Trail Mix Ingredients
- Toasted Coconut Chips – You want to buy toasted coconut chips for this recipe. I usually buy mine from Target and I prefer the caramel flavored coconut chips but the regular coconut chips work great too!
- Banana Chips – Sweetened banana chips are easy to find at the grocery store or in the bulk section. They add a crunchy sweet element to this trail mix.
- Dried Strawberries – Dried strawberries are chewy, sweet, and delicious! They have such a wonderful concentrated strawberry flavor. My local grocery store has them in the bulk section, but you can also buy them at Target. Note: dried strawberries are different than freeze-dried strawberries.
- Cashews – I like to use roasted and salted cashews for a little extra flavor and some much-needed salt, but if you prefer, you can use raw cashews instead.
- Almonds – Raw or roasted almonds work in this trail mix recipe.
- Milk Chocolate Chips (optional) – Lastly, we have milk chocolate chips because chocolate makes everything better! They will melt on hot hikes, so if you don’t want to deal with melted chocolate, then simply leave them out.
Where to Buy Trail Mix Ingredients
- Target – Surprisingly, Target has a huge selection of dried fruits and nuts to choose from, and they’re a great price.
- Bulk Section of Grocery Store – Another place I shop for ingredients is at the bulk section of my local grocery store. I love this option because I can buy exactly what I need for a recipe so I don’t have little bits of ingredients leftover and sitting in my cabinet for years.
- Trader Joes – Trader Joes has a huge selection of dried fruits and nuts!
- Online – Of course, you can buy just about anything online these days. Amazon and Nuts.com are two places to easily find ingredients.
Strawberry Banana Coconut Trail Mix
- 1/2 cup cashews (roasted or raw)
- 1/2 cup almonds (roasted or raw)
- 1/2 cup banana chips
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut chips
- 1/3 cup dried strawberries
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy on your next adventure!
How to Store Trail Mix
Store this trail mix in an airtight container.
For hiking, I like to pack my trail mix in reusable ReZip bags. These bags are lightweight and durable, and they have a great seal so you don’t have to worry about trail mix emptying into your backpack while you hike.
Other trail mix recipes on the blog for even more ideas:
Did you like this recipe? Comment below with a review!