This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclaimer here.
How good does this homemade blueberry walnut trail mix look?! When it comes to trail mix, the possibilities are endless, but this blueberry walnut combo is sure to hit the spot on your next hike.
With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a delicious hiking snack that will keep you full on the trail for hours.
Not only can you choose exactly what ingredients you put into your homemade trail mix, but it’s usually way cheaper than buying store-bought varieties that often have too many peanuts in my opinion. Let’s jump into the recipe!
Trail Mix Ingredients
All you’ll need for this homemade trail mix recipe is:
- Dried blueberries – Dried blueberries are easy to find in the dried fruit section. I usually get mine from Target.
- Toasted coconut flakes (aka coconut chips) – These are crunchy, slightly sweetened, and add such a good toasted flavor to the trail mix!
- Toasted salted cashews – I prefer to use roasted salted cashews in this recipe instead of raw cashews.
- Dark or milk chocolate chips – Because chocolate is life!
- Walnut halves – Look for raw walnut halves to use in this trail mix recipe for some good healthy fats.
How to Make Homemade Trail Mix
For this trail mix, you simply mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and store it at room temperature in an airtight container!
For hikes, I love these reusable ReZip bags for storage. They’re lightweight, durable, and have a great seal so your trail mix won’t spill all over your backpack.
Blueberry Walnut Trail Mix
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup dark or milk chocolate
- 1/2 cup toasted salted cashews
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
- For hikes, I love reusable ReZip bags for storage. They’re lightweight, durable, and have a great seal so your trail mix won’t spill all over your backpack.
Get Even More Trail Mix Combos!
I have so many other delicious trail mix recipes on the blog to check out.
Below are some reader favorites:
I hope you enjoy this one! Let me know in the comments below what you think.