This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclaimer here.
When you go camping, you want quick camp meals that are easy to prepare and clean up after, right? These easy camping lunch ideas will be perfect for your next trip! They’re great for feeding a large group, or just a couple of people.
What makes a good camping lunch?
For me, lunch while camping needs to be quick and easy! If possible, I even prefer it to be no-cook.
While two of the camping lunch ideas below are no-cook, the third only requires a camp stove and cast iron pan! I promise it’s quick and easy.
In the video below, I show you exactly how to make all of these lunches at camp!
1) Turkey + Veggie Wraps
Wraps are a classic lunch food and they’re perfect for camping because you can spread out all the ingredients, and everyone can come to the table and make their own wrap. They’re also no-cook.
Wash and dry all your veggies at home, that way you don’t have to do that at camp. Pack a side of chips or fruit, and lunch is ready!
Turkey and Veggie Wraps
- 4 tortilla wraps
- 1/2 pound sliced deli turkey
- 1/4 pound sliced cheese (I really like provolone or cheddar)
- romaine lettuce
- red onion
- Slice the tomato, cucumber, and red onion. Set aside.
- Spread hummus, mustard, and/or mayo in the middle of a tortilla.
- Layer on veggies, cheese, and turkey. Fold in the ends, and roll the tortilla closed. Enjoy!
2) Basil Pesto Grilled Cheese
Who doesn’t love grilled cheese? It’s such a great camping lunch (or even dinner).
I love to pack some basil pesto in the cooler to really make this grilled chees special. You can make your own pesto at home, or buy a jar from the store. For the cheese, I really love Gruyere and Havarti cheeses in my grilled cheese sandwiches.
Gruyere has such a good flavor and the Havarti melts really well making these grilled cheese sandwiches seem very fancy!
Basil Pesto Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices of multigrain bread
- 1/4 pound Havarti cheese
- 1/4 pound Gruyere cheese
- 2 Tbsp pesto (store-bought or homemade)
- Spread a layer of butter on 1 side of each piece of bread.
- Heat your pan over medium-low heat.
- Take 1 piece of bread and spread pesto onto the un-buttered side and put it in the pan, butter side down.
- Layer on your cheese.
- Take the second piece of bread, add pesto to the un-buttered side, and put it pesto-side down on top of the cheese.
- Cook low and slow for about 5-6 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan once the cheese has melted, slice, and serve!
3) BLT Sandwich
Another classic lunch that’s perfect for camping and no-cook thanks to a little prep at home!
To keep things quick and simple at camp, I pre-cook my bacon at home and store it in these reusable Silicon bags in the cooler. They’re durable and perfect for camping.
Campers BLT Sandwich
- 4 slices of bread
- 1 tomato
- 2 pieces of lettuce
- 4 pieces of cooked bacon*
- Slice the tomato.
- Spread mayonnaise on each slice of bread and layer on lettuce, tomato, and bacon. Enjoy!
More Car Camping Meal Ideas
If you want even more camping food ideas including breakfast, dinner, and dessert recipes – check out some of my other popular blog posts:
- 11 Easy Camping Breakfast Ideas
- Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel S’mores
- 20+ Easy Camping Food Ideas
get my free
Camp Cooking Starter Kit
Printable camping recipes, a gear checklist, and a camping meal planner so you can go camping with confidence and good food!