This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclaimer here.
If you’re looking for an easy camping dessert other than s’mores, then you’re going to love these grilled peaches! With only 4 ingredients, it’s surprising how decadent and delicious they are. Not to mention, it’ll only take you a few minutes to prepare!
You only need 4 ingredients to make this camping dessert:
- Peaches – The peaches are the star of this dessert! Peaches are in season between April and October. Use ripe peaches for the best flavor. We put the peaches over the grill to develop an even sweeter flavor. So good!
- Honey – Honey is one of my favorite foods. For this recipe, I like to use raw local honey.
- Bourbon – Technically, you can leave this out if you prefer, but the bourbon really adds a nice kick to this dessert.
- Mascarpone Cheese – Mascarpone is a fresh Italian cheese. It’s wonderfully decadent and creamy. There is no substitute for this cheese. It takes this dessert to a whole new level!
How to Grill Peaches Over the Campfire
Grilling fruit can be a little tricky, but luckily, peaches are one of the easiest fruits to start with.
This dessert is best made in the summer when peaches are in season and easy to find at grocery stores and farmer’s markets.
Wait until your peach is ripe and simply cut it in half and remove the pit.
Start your campfire. When you’re grilling over the campfire, you’re not going to be able to set a specific temperature like you would on a propane grill.
Build a small fire and let it burn for about 15 minutes so you can start to get a hot bed of coals. If desired, you can brush your peaches with a little oil or butter to prevent them from sticking to the grill grate.
When it comes time to grill, place your peaches cut side down on the grill grate.
Grill the peaches for about 8-10 minutes over medium heat. The fire should be hot, but there should not be huge flames reaching your peaches. When the peaches are done, use a spatula to remove them from the grill.
Grilled Peaches with Honey Bourbon Cream
- 2 ripe peaches
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp bourbon
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the pit.
- Grill the peaches cut side down over a small fire for about 10 minutes. You don’t want the heat to be too hot.
- While the peaches are cooking, mix the honey, bourbon, and cheese in a small bowl.
- Use a spatula to remove the peaches from the grill. Scoop a spoonful of the cheese mix on top of the peaches and serve immediately. Enjoy!
get my free
Camp Cooking Starter Kit
Printable camping recipes, a gear checklist, and a camping meal planner so you can go camping with confidence and good food!
More Camping Desserts
I have SO many more easy camping desserts on the blog for you to try!
Check out some of the reader favorites below: