This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclaimer here.
This s’mores recipe is a simple and delicious twist on a good ol’ classic camping dessert! With chocolate hazelnut spread (aka Nutella), and tangy freeze-dried strawberries, these s’mores will be a huge hit on your next camping trip.
S’mores Ingredient Highlight
Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
We’re going to need the basic s’mores ingredients like graham crackers and marshmallows, but instead of using a plain milk chocolate bar, these s’mores use a chocolate hazelnut spread. Trust me, this is a game changer.
The freeze-dried strawberries are a very tasty addition to these s’mores for camping. They add a little crunch and a tangy flavor that goes so well with the chocolate spread.
How to Make Strawberry Chocolate Hazelnut S’mores:
Like traditional s’mores, these are very simple.
Spread each half of the graham cracker with some chocolate hazelnut spread.
Put a few pieces of the freeze-dried strawberries on top of one half of the graham cracker with chocolate.
Toast a marshmallow slowly over the campfire until it’s warm, puffy, and golden brown.
Place the toasted marshmallow on top of the freeze-dried strawberries and use the other half of the graham cracker to slide the marshmallow off the stick. Enjoy!
Strawberry Chocolate Hazelnut S’mores
- 1 package of graham crackers
- 4 marshmallows
- 1 package freeze-dried strawberries
- 1 jar of chocolate hazelnut spread such as Nutella
- Spread a layer of the chocolate hazelnut spread onto each graham cracker half.
- Place a few pieces of freeze-dried strawberries on top of the chocolate on one of the graham cracker halves.
- Toast a marshmallow slowly over a campfire until it becomes puffy and golden brown.
- Layer the toasted marshmallow on top of the freeze-dried strawberries and use the top half of the graham cracker to slide the marshmallow off the stick. Enjoy!
More Camping Dessert Ideas
Want even more camping dessert ideas? How about more s’mores recipes?
Then check out these other camping dessert recipes from the blog:
- Toasted Coconut S’mores Recipe
- Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel S’mores
- Cinnamon Caramel S’mores Recipe
I hope you love these s’mores! Chat with me in the comments if you have any questions.