This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclaimer here.
Who doesn’t love pumpkin spice pancakes in the Fall, right? This recipe is awesome for cold mornings at the campsite. This pumpkin pancake recipe is full of warming spices and real pumpkin puree. Let’s get started!
There’s something so special about waking up outdoors on a Fall morning at camp. I love the slower pace of the Fall months.
For me, the Summer is a busy time of the year. There’s usually a lot of travel and work for my business, so when Fall rolls around, I welcome the slower pace.
I love waking up outdoors, brewing a hot cup of coffee, and making a delicious breakfast while I look out at the trees and all their colors.
These pumpkin pancakes are the perfect camping breakfast for those moments.
These Pumpkin Spice Pancakes are:
- easy to make at camp even though they’re homemade (no box mix here)
- loaded with warming spices and real pumpkin puree
- perfectly fluffy – not too dense or too cake-like
- ready in just a few minutes
How to Make Pumpkin Pancakes for Camping:
Prep Dry Ingredients at Home – At home, simply mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sea salt, sugar, spices) and store them in an airtight container with the rest of your camping food.
Mix the Wet Ingredients – At camp, start by getting all your ingredients out and organized. This makes it so much easier once you start cooking.
Mix the milk, eggs, and pumpkin puree in a bowl. Make sure you’re using pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie mix.
get my free
Camp Cooking Starter Kit
Printable camping recipes, a gear checklist, and a camping meal planner so you can go camping with confidence and good food!
Melt the Butter – Set up your stove and gently melt the butter in a cast iron pan.
You want the butter to be warm enough to melt, but not so hot that it might cook your eggs! Mix the butter into the bowl with the rest of the wet ingredients.
Lastly, add the dry mix you made at home and mix until combined.
Cook the Pancakes – I like to cook my pancakes in a little butter in the cast iron pan. Once cooked, serve stacked with more butter if desired, and drizzle on the maple syrup!
Easy Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- Can opener (don't forget to pack this to open the pumpkin puree)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup whole milk (can use nut milk if preferred)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 tbsp stick unsalted butter (plus more for cooking)
- maple syrup
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and store them in an airtight container with the rest of your camping food.
- In a large bowl add the milk, eggs, and pumpkin puree. Mix well.
- Gently melt the butter in your cast iron skillet. Make sure it's not too hot, just warm, and add it to the bowl with the other wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Lastly, mix in the dry ingredients you measured at home.
- Heat your cast iron pan over medium heat. Add a little butter and dollop the batter into the pan. Cook for a few minutes on each side.
- Serve the pancakes with more butter and maple syrup. Enjoy!
Looking for more Fall camping recipes?
Try these other delicious fall-inspired camping meals: