This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclaimer here.
If you want a fresh camping meal, then this easy fall salad is perfect! Topped with cranberries, crisp apples, pumpkin seeds, and goat cheese, it’s a delicious main meal or a side salad.
With this recipe, I wanted to bring some fresh vegetables to camp in an easy fall-inspired salad.
I use roasted and salted pumpkin seeds for a crunch, crisp apples and dried cranberries for sweetness, and goat cheese for tang.
The salad is topped with a homemade creamy lemon tahini salad dressing!
You can serve this as a small side salad or as a vegetarian main dish. If you want to add protein, top the salad with grilled chicken!
Fall Salad Ingredients:
- Spinach and arugula – This is the base of the salad. I love the combination of these two greens, but you can also use a baby spring mix.
- Pumpkin Seeds – Since it’s Fall, of course, I needed to add some sort of pumpkin element to this salad. I prefer to use roasted and salted pumpkin seeds because they have so much flavor.
- Dried Cranberries – These add a wonderful sweet chewy element to the salad. I prefer to get the low-sugar variety.
- Honeycrisp Apples – Years ago I heard someone call Honeycrisp apples the ‘Cadillac of apples’. They’re definitely more expensive than other apples, but man do they taste good! They add a wonderful crisp texture and sweetness to this salad.
- Goat Cheese – The last topping is goat cheese. Goat cheese is very creamy and the flavor contrasts well with the sweetness of the cranberries and apples.
- Homemade Lemon Tahini Dressing – To make things really easy at camp, I make the salad dressing at home and store it in the cooler.
Apple, Cranberry, and Pumpkin Seed Fall Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 3 oz baby spinach
- 3 oz arugula
- 1/3 cup toasted salted pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 Honeycrisp apple (diced)
- 4 oz goat cheese
Lemon Tahini Dressing:
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 small garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP tahini
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- fresh black pepper (to taste)
- Mix the salad dressing ingredients together and store in an airtight container in the fridge or cooler.
- Add the spinach and arugula to a large bowl or 4 smaller bowls.
- Top with the pumpkin seeds, cranberries, diced apple, and goat cheese crumbles.
- Give the dressing a good mix and drizzle over the salad. Serve and enjoy!
What to serve with this Fall salad?
If you want a vegetarian camping meal, this salad is great all on its own!
As I mentioned above, you can also add some grilled chicken to this salad for a boost in protein.
Lastly, this salad goes great as a side to my Sausage and Tortellini in Pumpkin Cream Sauce. This tortellini is one of my favorite fall camping recipes and it only requires one pot!