This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclaimer here.
The name of these s’mores really says it all… Smoked salt, dreamy caramel chocolate, and toasted marshmallow make for a fancy grown-up version of s’mores. Trust me, you want to make this dessert on your next camping trip! Let’s get into it.
For this simple camping dessert you’ll need:
1) Smoked Sea Salt:
- This is what gives these s’mores a subtle smokey flavor! The salt goes so well with the caramel for the ultimate sweet and salty balance. I like to use the Smoked Redmond Real Salt Chef’s Blend. I’m obsessed with Redmond Salt and they’re a local company to me here in Utah, so it’s easy for me to find in the store.
- Another great salt option is the Applewood Smoked Sea Salt from the San Francisco Salt Company. Either of these salts is great for this s’mores recipe!
2) Caramel Chocolate:
- Next, we have the sweet caramel chocolate element. Any caramel-filled chocolate bar will work here. Something like a Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Bar with Caramel Filling works great.
3) Graham Crackers & Marshmallows:
- Lastly, we have the usual s’mores ingredients. Normal honey graham crackers are what I prefer, but feel free to try the chocolate version too!
Smoked Salted Caramel S’mores
- 1 package of honey graham crackers
- 4 marshmallows
- 1 bar of caramel-filled milk chocolate
- smoked salt
- Break a graham cracker in half and put a few squares of caramel chocolate on one of the graham cracker halves.
- Sprinkle a pinch of smoked salt on top of the chocolate.
- Toast a marshmallow over the fire.
- Once the marshmallow is golden brown and puffed up, place it on top of the salted chocolate. Press it down with the other half of the graham cracker. Enjoy!
More S’mores Ideas!
There are tons more delicious s’mores combos on the blog.
Check out some other reader favorites below:
- Sweet and Salty Pretzel S’mores
- Berry Coconut White Chocolate S’mores
- Chocolate Banana Cream Pie S’mores
Leave a comment below if you give these s’mores a try on your next camping trip!
get my free
Camp Cooking Starter Kit
Printable camping recipes, a gear checklist, and a camping meal planner so you can go camping with confidence and good food!